Atlanta CASA’s COVID-19 Response
Updated as of 8/23/21
Like many of you, we are paying close attention to the continuum of the COVID-19 situation locally and nationally. The safety of the children we serve, our volunteers and our staff is of paramount importance. We are determined to take prudent safety measures, while attempting to avoid panic and continuing to fulfill our critical mission. We’ve adjusted our practices and protocols to prioritize safety while still supporting our essential advocacy for children in need. As the situation is constantly evolving, we will continue to evaluate our practices and response, and this page will be updated to reflect the most recent information for our community.
- Office Closure: Our office will be closed until further notice.
- Child Visits & Meetings: Atlanta CASA continues to serve children with drive-by visits; virtual meetings; phone calls.
- Presenting in Court: Advocates continue to complete reports to the court and attend virtual hearings and meetings. The Court Report is VERY essential during this time.
- Recruitment, Training & Info Sessions: All information sessions and training are completed virtually.
- Events & Other Group Activities: Atlanta CASA hosts CASA Night In – a virtual gathering of advocates to engage and to share and discuss current events.
- CASA Volunteer Advocates: Please continue to reach out to your Advocacy Coordinator.
Questions? Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns you may have.